Terms and Conditions for External Providers
The External Provider Shall:
* Notify CEC on nonconforming product and obtain CEC's approval for disposition.
In addition, any changes in product and/or process definition, change of suppliers, change of manufacturing facility and location (where required).
* Flow down to the supply chain the applicable customer requirements.
* Record retention of 7 years, or as customer directed.
* Allow right of access by CEC, and regulatory authorities to areas of aII facilities, at any level of the supply chain, if required.
The organization shall ensure the adequacy of requirements prior to their communication to the external provider. The organization shall communicate to external providers its requirements for:
a. the processes, products, and services to be provided including the identification of relevant technical data (e.g., specifications, drawings, process requirements, work instructions) ;
b. the approval of:
1. products and services;
2. methods, processes, and equipment;
3. the release of products and services;
c. competence, including any required qualification of persons;
d. the external providers' interactions with the organization;
e. control and monitoring of the external providers' performance to be applied by the organization;
f. verification or validation activities that the organization, or its customer, intends to perform at the external providers' premises;
g. test, inspection, and verification;
h. the use of statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance by the organization;
i. the need to:
- implement a quality management system;
- use customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g., special processes);
- notify the organization of nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain approval for their disposition;
- prevent the use of suspected unapproved, and counterfeit parts;
- notify the organization of changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers or location of manufacture;
- flow down to external providers applicable requirements including customer requirements;
- provide a certificate of conformity, test reports, or authorized release certificate, as applicable;
- retain documented information, including retention periods and disposition requirements;
j. the right of access by the organization, their customer, and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain;
k. ensuring that persons are aware of:
- their contribution to product or service conformity;
- their contribution to product safety;
- the importance of ethical behavior.